Monday 17 March 2014

Mayonnaise in the hair EWWW or mmmmmh?



This is a test I did a while ago! yes back in my student days when money was tight and hair adopted the hay form!


I needed a fix! a cheap fix .... as most of you will know a good deep conditioner can be up too £20 so thats was out the question, I went searching through the internet for a natural cheap remedy to sooth my tattered locks and was shocked to come across videos of girls using mayonnaise as conditioner.




Yummmmm (not)


I tried this on my hair!! before I reveal my results and rate this technique I will warn you all now DO NOT wash this out with warm/hot water unless you want scrambled eggs in you hair :)







Application: Apply dependant on hair length (two big blobs) on unwashed wet hair, Lather through the hair, wrap plastic bag over to prevent drips and death by stink, leave for 20 minutes (I left mine for 1hr as it was super damaged), wash out with COLD water + shampoo then condition! 


Results !!! 

This actually worked like a dream made my hair super shiny soft and reduced frizz my ends looked as good as new. Downside to this method: it smells so bad, its messy, hard to clean off places, hard to wash out! 

I give this a 7.5 out of 10 for the bad smell and difficult removal, its perfect if you are strapped for cash and does work better than a lot of high street brand conditioner! 


Head here to see my little video for before and after :D (please ignore my repulsed face) 

No comments:

Post a Comment